Your Juvenile Arthritis Health Care Team
Many different health care professionals will provide ongoing care for your child as they age, depending on their specific condition.
JA Healthcare Team

Meet ALL your child’s doctors:

Ideally, young people with juvenile arthritis should receive medical attention from a pediatric rheumatologist. This kind of specialist is specifically trained to treat JA. But depending on where you live and whether a pediatric rheumatologist is available, you may have to rely on other health professionals for your child’s care, including your pediatrician.

Even if you have a pediatric rheumatologist, there are other types of medical experts who may take care of your child’s needs, which can change as the child ages. Among them:

  • Nurse practitioner
  • Physical therapist
  • Psychologist
  • Ophthalmologist
  • Podiatrist
  • Dietitian

Read about the role each of them plays, as well as about others who may be part of your team.

Everyone on the team contributes to your child’s well-being in a meaningful way. So get to know them. And don’t be shy about asking any questions you have.

Arthritis Foundation   Forward to a Friend   blog   Facebook   Twitter  
Manage Email Preferences | Unsubscribe | Privacy Policy | Contact Us
© 2018 Arthritis Foundation. All Right Reserved.
1355 Peachtree Street NE - Suite 800 - Atlanta, GA 30309